Brain PracticeJuly, August 2017
Did you try each several times?
Here are the answers to Brain Practice, June 2017
Which way is the bus travelling?
Pre-schoolers were shown this picture asked the same question.
90% of the pre-schoolers gave this answer.
“The bus is travelling to the right.”
When asked, “Why do you think the bus is travelling to the right?”
“Because you can’t see the door to get on the bus.”
Can you think of an answer?
- What goes up and never comes down? Your age.
- A dog is tied to a rope 10 metres long. How can it reach a bone 25 metres away? The dog’s lead was not tied to anything.
- John’s mother had three children. One was named April, the second named May. What was the third child named? John
- What do you break when you name it? Silence
- What is better than heaven, worse than the devil, dead people eat it and if you eat it you die? Nothing
- Ten people were sheltering under an umbrella but none of them got wet. Why? It wasn’t raining.
Sorry! I know they are corny!! (Gillian)
Manipulate the Recipe
Here is a table to help you with this fractions challenge – and the answers.
The Pear in the Bottle Challenge
The bottles are placed over pear buds when they are small, and are wired in place on the tree.
The bottle is left in place for the entire growing season.
When the pears are ripe, they are snipped off at the stems.
How Many Squares? Challenge
Did you find any more than 40?
Need more practice?
Healthy Memory Workout is an eBook full of ‘how-to’s’ and puzzles to challenge your brain