Here’s a tried and tested method of clearing a mental block.
You reframe your thinking by Restating the issue, problem or task in a different way.
A change in perspective is like a ‘mind switch’.
The kinds of reframing questions you might ask yourself could include:
- What am I trying to achieve here?
- What would it be like if this or that happened?
- What has to be true for this to be a problem?
- How does this fit with what I already know?
- What is the opposite of this problem? How can this help me?
- What are the consequences if I don’t solve the problem?
By trying to find other words to describe what you are trying to do, new brain connections are activated and a new perspective on the task can be revealed.
Here’s how innovators have tried reframing:
‘If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.’
Psychologists often use reframing to assist their patients in understanding personal issues from a more positive viewpoint.
Check out other ways to rescue your brain and memory from a mental block.
I have found since taking a zinc tablet at night daily, and 2 brazil nuts my memory is sharper
Not sure if it’s the nuts or the zinc or both!!